Intuition talks to you. Do you listen?
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. – Steve Jobs
Recently, I have started hearing the voice of my intuition more and more.
It’s mainly because I have been living more in the present moment and meditating every morning without fail. It’s actually a bit scary how synchronized my life has become – I ask for something and I receive it instantaneously!
Some ways my intuition speaks to me:
- I will ask for an idea for dinner and I will get an idea delivered to me at that moment by someone in the vicinity.
- I will ask the universe to make someone more attentive and loving, and they start messaging me more frequently and being more loving.
- I will ask the universe to quell my doubts by sending me a sign that I’m on the right path and at that very moment, I will receive a message from someone interested in my ideas and services.
- I will ask to speak to a friend and a friend will message me at that exact moment.
- I will ask for love from the universe, and a person who loves me very much will message me.
- I will ask to reach somewhere on time and without problems and I will reach that place exactly on time no matter what happens on the way.
But as a typical human who spends way too much time in her head, I find that I have been ignoring my intuition when it speaks to me – sometimes way too loudly, trying to get my attention.
I know my intuition cares about my welfare. After all, it is my truest self speaking to myself – it’s the self who knows what’s good for me. Who knows exactly what I should be doing with my life.
My intuition cares about my welfare better than anyone else on this planet.
Everyone else has a hidden agenda or their own life experiences dictating their advice to me. But my intuition only cares about keeping me authentic and on target.
But still sometimes, I ignore her when she talks to me. Why is that?
Well, I have realized it’s because it is hard to follow your intuition’s directions.
- If you follow your intuition, she will tell you to take the harder path. The path less worn, the path which will be filled with discomfort, the path that will be filled with thorns. But a path that will help you reach all of your goals and let you live your authentic life truly.
- If you follow your intuition, she will take you away from the path that society dictates. The path of 9-5 work, the path of traditional marriage, the path of following the crowd, the path of being ‘normal’. She will want you to do your own thing. Do your own beautiful thing where you are creating a unique, special life. And making money from something no one ever thought you could make money from.
It’s so hard to follow your intuition all the time. I just want to be lazy and follow the easier path – the path which society tells me to take.
But my intuition – my beautiful true self – knows this isn’t the path for me.
I have something better waiting for me. Until I’m ready to take this other path, my intuition will keep on poking at me every day. Gently reminding me I’m on the wrong path.
I love my intuition and I am delighted that she’s agreed to trust me and speak to me again. I listen to her as much as I can. I trust in her judgement and I follow her. Even if it’s hard. Even if it’s the hardest thing, I will ever do, I follow her (I try).
My intuition has never let me down yet. I have spent my life following her and she’s always caused me to have an amazingly spectacular life. I am so grateful for her and I hope she keeps on chatting with me until I turn into ashes.
In my coaching sessions, I help my clients follow their intuition and their true path. Contact me to learn more, if you are interested. Always happy to hear any feedback or comments.